Tuesday, December 23, 2008

 

Mele Kalikimaka


Many people tell me they like to read my posts, but they don't desire to email, comment on my posts, IM, chat or text--they're just not *up* for the wired world. Merely reading online is all they care to do. These are people who send snail mail cards and letters, and we receive their yearly updates during the holiday season.

What sagas, adventures, stories, and milestones we read about in their letters! Some of them merely sign their name, and this is all we did this year--sign our name with maybe a short note. I usually write a long, long letter which I insert into our Christmas cards, but I didn't feel like writing one this year.

Not that anything didn't go on for us-- a whole helluva lot did!

But this year I didn't choose to share the stories online or in a Christmas letter. Some of my Christmas letters in the past have had a *backfire* effect--not everyone is happy for our achievements we've learned from experience.

Fact #1: I only share a smidgen of my life online, and the current transparency trend isn't for me--it may work for some bloggers, but it's not for me. Every time my partner tells me I should post this or that, I tell him, "No Way Jose!" I'm like an iceberg with only a little of me showing above water, and I plan to keep it that way and remain a mystery. It's very different with trusted friends--I'm an open book and a blunt, tell-it-as-I-see-it kind of gal.

Fact #2: I have zero desire to meet online acquaintances in person. On one occasion I did so, but this is rare for me. I prefer to keep my online world separate from my personal world. This may change someday, but right now, this feels comfortable.

Fact #3: Our cat, Anela, has sniffed out the Santa Claus photographed above and deemed him acceptable to live in HER space, and that's saying a lot.

Just in case I'm not back online to wish all of you the Happiest of Holidays, I'll do so now with the beautiful Hawaiian words: Mele Kalikimaka!!!

And for J. Suldog, here's a photo of Kiki, our long-lasting poinsetta plant, which is once again in bloom--she/we send the warmest aloha to your family and fellow, old-timer poinsettia plant. She's still kickin' it as are we!

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Hi Kuanyin, Merry Belated Christmas to you and I hope you're enjoying the holidays!

I know what you mean, I keep the more personal stuff to myself also - I think that's why I ended up writing more political stuff as I went along. I am not the bare-it-all type either! ;-) And out of total fear of somehow getting in trouble, I almost never blog about work!
 
Yay! Kiki! I will print out the photo and share it with Pointy. He'll be thrilled to see her in such good bloom!

A belated Merry Christmas, and an extremely Happy New Year to you and yours!
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?