Tuesday, December 30, 2008

 

The Christmas Blur

The Good News is that we survived another Holiday Season. The Bad News is that the holidays are nearly over...with the countdown to the New Year of 2009 beginning tomorrow.

As is usual for me, the Season is One Big Blur with too much going on and too much disorganization running rampant in our home. Where did I put my receipts? Where did my 'To Do' list go? What was it that I walked into another room for and completely forgot as soon as I got there? Blogs--'oh, I'll get to those later', I b.s. myself.

There are highlights of ever season, and low lights too. Whenever a Christmas card we mailed out is returned to us, we wonder what happened. Did someone move and forget to tell us? Or perhaps pass-on? We then attempt to discover who is still with us in the world of the 'living'. Lots of major changes happened to those we know this past year we have now learned.

Even though we live in tropical South Maui, I've been wishing for a small outdoor fire pit--it's turned chilly here in the evenings! I imagine it would be nice to sit by the fire as I stargaze. That is, when it's not raining which it's been doing a lot of lately.

As I write this post today, the skies are still overcast, and it's been raining off and on for days. I love this time of year--when the rains come--for the pastures and open areas are resplendent with emerald greenery.

I'm hoping the skies clear for the Wailea fireworks on New Year's Eve though. I'd love to see 2009 come-in with lots of razzle and dazzle!

In case I don't return to this blog again and the Blur continues, let me take this opportunity to say: Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!!!

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
I was thinking the same thing. Next year I am going to pull back earlier.
Aloha,
Keahi
 
This time of year is most often a blur, especially as we age and life gets busier and busier. Aloha and good wishes to you that you will return to your blog.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?