Thursday, October 30, 2008

 

The Krispy Kreme Donut Downfall Day

With Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays around the corner and lots of parties for us to attend, this IS the time I SHOULD be watching my food intake. Right?

This is my plan--attending to my health and waistline.

Krispy Kreme donuts changed this excellent plan yesterday.

First, I noticed a sign for 5 Cents coffee as we drove past Krispy Kreme donuts. I said to my partner B, "Wow, is that ever the sign of the times! Let's go around the block so I can take a photo of that!"



As everyone knows, food and drink are very expensive on Maui, and *anything* for 5 cents is unheard of! I wanted to document this posted sign for posterity.

So B. accommodated me, and we drove around the block. And then B. confessed he had never driven through the KK donut shop. I was astonished. He had been so strict with his healthy eating, and the thought had never occurred to him to wolf down a fattening donut! He didn't even know there was such a thing as drive-through donuts.



It was at this moment I decided we must sample the coffee offered for 5 cents and a donut or two! The coffee was very good as were the fattening donuts.



And that's how we spent nearly $8.



So much for plans!

And it's back to the treadmill today!

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
You are so lucky to have a Krispy Kreme!!! In AZ, they shut down all of their shops, it upset me much. They are sooooo very yummy.
 
Ha! I saw that sign also and almost turned around for coffee. Good thing I didn't because yes, $0.05 worth of coffee would have been accompanied by about $10 worth of doughnuts for me too.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?