Thursday, October 02, 2008
How Magic Happens
I became excited as something stirred in my memory bank, and I faintly remembered how the Moon was utilized long, long ago.
I then blogged about this amazing invention on my astrology/moon blog Moonlight Becomes Me on Sept. 4, 2007.
Click here to read what I wrote.
Shortly after posting, I received an email from the public relations rep for the Interstellar Light Collector inviting me to visit and interview the inventor of the collector, Richard Chapin.
At that moment I set my intention to find my way to the remote Arizona Sonora Desert location to take her up on the offer and to experience the Moonlight Collector!
And almost exactly a year later--on September 13, 2008--my daughter and I stood on a boom lift in the Arizona desert night facing this enormous device.
"The non-imaging optical array is parabolic and composed of 84 mirrored collection panels (4' x 8' each). At 6 stories high, 60 feet across and weighing 25 tons, this breathtaking hydraulic device concentrates moonlight to many times its natural occurrence."
The Full Moon was two days away, and we were told the days prior to a Full Moon are the optimal time to experience the Moonlight Collector.
My daughter, Gen, and I stood alone on the raised boom lift with the boom lift operator, a kindly man. He communicated with another ground-crew member to tilt each of these panels ever so slightly towards us as the moon slowly moved overhead.
At one point, my daughter grabbed my arm as she nearly fainted from the intensity/bliss of the experience. She also experienced a powerful vision. I simply felt bliss, and afterwards, we both were surely glowing for we were at the receiving end of 15 minutes of concentrated moonlight--an experience we may never have the opportunity to repeat again in this lifetime.
Even though this moonlight experience was passive and receptive, I would rate it up there with some of the other more surreal experiences of my life such as having a private audience with His Holiness the Dalai Lama at his home in MacLeod Ganj or galloping on a fast steed past the pyramids in Egypt with my partner.
Mahalo Nui Loa Patty, Monica and Richard Chapin, and all the other Interstellar team members for your warm reception and invitation!
Following is my interview with Richard Chapin, the inventor:
1. Your website mentions the "moonlight's unique qualities" which offers many benefits and that you're researching the "brightest stars and celestial bodies' spectral alternative properties." Please elaborate upon the research with the stars and celestial bodies.
At this time we are focused primarily on the moon. These will be future studies. We have great interest in Sirius, which we intend to begin some focus on in October.
2. Scientists and other researchers are collaborating with you on your project. Are astrologers also studying the effects of the Interstellar Light Collector?
Astrologers have always studied the effect the moon on peoples’ charts. Some feel the concentrated phases of the moon on a person could help in healing.
3. You write on your website that crystals which are infused in the moonlight collector "take on the vibration pattern of the moon." I'd like to know more details about this. What was your inspiration to connect crystals with the moon?
Dr. Robert Downs has told us that the crystals, put into the concentrated moonlight, have molecularly changed. This is not a temporary change, but a permanent change. Ancient civilizations have used the moon to purify crystals for centuries. We infuse the crystals the same as people, except for a longer period of time.
4. I also read the application of focused moonlight "may lead to discoveries in industry, agriculture, biology, medicine, and in alternative healing practices." Are you also researching ways to harvest the moonlight for an alternative energy source?
We are looking into batteries, generators, capacitors, moon panels, etc.
5. Have you read the book, "Who Built The Moon?", and if so, what are your thoughts about Knight and Butler's theories and final summation?
Interesting findings, however, it goes to show you how far observation can go. Can we prove anything? Probably, this goes too far.
6. Have you researched and made discoveries about benefits from various Moon phases? Do you primarily research the New and Full Moons phases? Is there a Moon phase which is more beneficial and 'healing' than another phase?
Different phases indicate different results – our in-house testing draws from different research published from universities.
7. You will be releasing the Lunar Therapy DVD soon I read on your website. Tell me/us more about this DVD.
It has testimonials from people who have experienced the focused moonlight and professionals talking about this new therapy. We also offer a fifteen-minute light experience, filming and using the light directly from our moonlight collector.
8. Watching the video on your website, I heard you'd been involved with astronomy. Were you a professional astronomer or a student? What is your background in this regard?
I built my first telescope at age 8 and started my high school astronomy club, which was very popular. I also took university courses.
9. In your desire to help your dying friend, you began studying full spectrum light therapy. Was there an 'aha' moment as you were studying this therapy which led to the invention of the Moonlight Collector?
There was an aha moment on a star-lit night, a good friend and I were in deep discussion about the stars and the moon and how they fit together with humans, then it just came to me.
10. Do you have a goal to build another Moonlight Collector? Or a bigger collector? What are some of your future plans which you can reveal at this time?
We are hopeful of having many more moonlight collectors built by universities, institutions, and other interested parties, etc.
If you'd like to purchase products infused with concentrated Moonlight, click here.
Below is my 'not-so-great' photo from the backside of the Moonlight Collector. You can see better photos on the website.
And you got to go there! sounds like you had a very special experience!
Great interview too!z
Links to this post: