Tuesday, October 21, 2008

 

Back To The Future


Today I received an email from my Future Me!

Yes, I had signed up last summer--June 10, 2008-at the Future Me organization and sent an email to myself to be received today. Of course, with my busy life and serious internet/blog addiction, I'd completely forgotten about signing up and sending myself this email.

And how very timely it is!

This is the email:

The following is an e-mail from the past, composed on Tuesday, June 10, 2008, and sent via FutureMe.org
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Dear FutureMe, Congratulations on your Letting-Go project! You have successfully given away lots of old stuff, outworn beliefs, and extra baggage of all kinds. Are you sure you have missed anything? Love...Your Future Self"

---------------------------------------------

When I read this email today and the last sentence, I felt a shiver run down my spine.

And I knew what I still have to let go of and have been dragging my feet because of guilt.

This past week I watched the tv series, "Brothers and Sisters", and the Mother was FINALLY letting go of her dead husband's possessions at her garage sale. She was conflicted with many emotions about this process, and as I was watching the show, I KNEW there were also many 'things' which I had been given from a relative which hadn't been let-go!

The synchronicity of receiving this email today along with the gentle reminder from the tv show tells me I've got to cut through the guilt and find a home for these possessions tucked into closets. I've asked other family members if they want them, and they said ABSOLUTELY NOT, but I want these beautiful, old treasures to find a happy home with people I know. Getting rid of them on E-Bay or a garage sale would make me too sad, and I would end-up in tears like the Mother on the tv show.

All I can say is I'm happy Christmas is on the way.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
What a neat idea and cool photo!
 
Well, God bless and good luck, of course!
 
Funny how you can send yourself emails from the future, and people's life get stored somehow in the objects that surround them. Why do we associate furniture and stuff with persons. That's a question I frequently ask myself. We shouldn't but we keep doing it.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?