Tuesday, July 08, 2008

 

Mango Salsa Up The Ying Yang


Have I mentioned that our mango trees runneth over with mangoes?

We've been sharing them with others and eating them with everything imaginable. About two months ago I made a huge batch of mango chutney which was extra delish by the addition of spices given to us by our Indian friend Shanti.

Today I made a huge dish of fresh mango salsa which is scrumptious. Here is my recipe:

Four big mangoes (peeled, seeded, and smashed--I prefer smashed.)
1 Maui onion
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1/2 fresh jalapeno chile pepper (adds BITE!)
1/2 lime--freshly squeezed
1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup organic raisins

The salsa is chilling in the fridge waiting for my partner to scarf down when he comes home. I'll serve it with Garden of Eatin' Black Bean All Natural Tortilla Chips made from organic yellow corn and black beans. This brand is made with no genetically engineered ingredients the package states. I don't trust most brands of tortilla chips these days after reading how genetically engineered foods can alter your dna.

The above photo is a small dish of the salsa photographed expressly for those of you who probably believe I live inside my computer.

Yes, I'm a foodie too! :Smile:

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
Sounds good! Artistic photo!
 
Up the... sounds kinky! Ooh, behave, baby!
 
Wow my appetite has never felt a hunger as it has now after viewing this mouthwatering photo! Mango salsa sounds really interesting. Your blog is fantastic indeed and here it is I am bookmarking it! Thanks.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?