Friday, May 09, 2008

 

Oh Lord, Give Me a Decent Movie!

So we went to the movies again recently to see "Made of Honor", and I was totally dismayed with this formulaic movie. I can't say anything good about it. I see this movie advertised on tv as the "Top Romantic Comedy", and I wonder why? How?!

Are we to believe that a womanizer SUDDENLY falls in love with his best (girl) friend? Are we to believe that because she's fallen in love with a Scottish hunk that he's now awoken to how much he has always loved her? A serial marrying father arguing for prenups before his 6th wedding is so retarded. The gay jokes and marry cliches are so retro. Come on! I felt as if I landed on another planet with this movie, one that is so stuck on an old track.

The only thing I can figure as to why this movie might be doing good box office is that people desire to escape the doom and gloom of the bad news of the economy and world events.

People must be desperate for fantasy.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
Luckily, somteimes, we get to see all new movies very late here in Sweden comparing to the US,so now I consider myself warned by your words! I hope that I'll remember it when it reaches Sweden though... *giggles*
 
Glad I stayed home and visited you instead then :-)

Btw: Thanks for the visit - nice to see you again!

O Yea: Happy Mother's Day!
 
Thanks for saving me from this movie.
Aloha,
Keahi
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?