Saturday, March 08, 2008

 

Mystery Package Arrives At Our Home

Today a mystery package arrived addressed to my partner. Inside was a book signed by the author Will Bowen, a bumper sticker, one purple bracelet, and a t-shirt with a quote by author Maya Angelou on it which read, "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

We don't know which friend gifted us with this impressive package, but we're grateful. And if you're reading this blog, well then--Mahalo Nui Loa!


We have several people in mind who we think it could be, but since it came from the A Complaint Free World headquarters, there wasn't the clue of a mailing address to help us out.

In any event, right now my partner has his nose in the book titled "A Complaint Free World", and I have the purple bracelet on my left wrist next to my Red String bracelet and Philip Stein watch. The directions on the letter in the package said that "every time you complain, gossip or criticize, move the bracelet to the other arm and begin again. Keep moving the bracelet from wrist-to-wrist- until you keep it on the same arm 21 consecutive days."

And should I see someone wearing the bracelet complaining, I can point out their need to switch the bracelet to the other arm; "But if you're going to do this, you must move your bracelet first because you're complaining about their complaining."

I'm up for this challenge as I don't complain or criticize very often, although I've been known to gossip a bit! So this will be a good exercise for me. I could say something snarky here about why this package was mailed to my partner, but that would be speculating and perhaps gossiping, so I'll end this post while I'm ahead. I've only had the bracelet on my arm for less than a half hour. Restraining from complaining, criticizing, or gossiping might not be all that easy.

Check out the web site A Complaint Free World if you're intrigued.



Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Sounds cool, I like the idea.- Gen
 
How fun to get a mystery package!
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?