Tuesday, February 26, 2008

 

Spring Is Really Here!

I've managed to transmute my Spring Fever into Spring Cleaning. My trigger was a message from someone who had seen a photo of mine on Flickr titled My Secret Garden and wanted to see more of my garden--and I realized my garden needed my attention too!

So part of today was re-organizing, cleaning, and spiffing up my Secret Garden. And when I finished doing my work, my garden looked so appealing I decided to relax with my new book, "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle.

I've read two of his previous books, but his new one really goes into depth about the "pain body", and I am finding this book an excellent refresher course and read. Of course, I've joined up for Oprah's special online course on this book too. Have you? I've never done this before, and I think it'll be fun. One of the preliminary homework assignments is to share your favorite quotes from each chapter on the Oprah site.

I'll share one of mine with you from Chapter Six called "Breaking Free":

"The beginning of freedom from the pain-body lies first of all in the realization that you have a pain- body. Then, more important, in your ability to stay present enough, alert enough, to notice the pain-body in yourself as a heavy influx of negative emotion when it becomes active. When it is recognized, it can no longer pretend to be you and live and renew itself through you."

I've learned a lot about my OWN pain- body through the years, and I'm onto the little pretender brat parasite! Now I catch it when it decides to show up...well, most of the time!

Here is the link if you are so inclined to join in.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?