Tuesday, February 05, 2008

 

Not Quite What I Was Planning Book

Yesterday was a very exciting day for me because the contributor copy of the book I'm published in arrived in the mail! The title of the book is "Not Quite What I Was Planning....Six Word Memoirs" by Writers Famous and Obscure. I'm thrilled to be included because it is such a cool book. It is published by Harper Perennial.

I'm somewhere in the middle between being a famous author and obscure author. My first and only book is still in print and available on Amazon and through distributors. Even though this book is in it's Second Edition, it feels REALLY old to me and needs updating. But this NEW 2008 Book is Fresh. Clever. Fun!

The proposition put forth by online storytelling Smith Magazine is this: "what would a six-word memoir look like?" Here's more:

"When Hemingway famously wrote, "For Sale: baby shoes, never worn," he proved that an entire story can be told using half a dozen words."

If you would like to contribute your six line story for consideration in the next edition, click here.

The hilarious part of this for me is that I've been trying to complete my fiction book for many long years. I procrastinate. Then I furiously write. Then I change things around. Then I hate it. Then I put it aside. Then I fall in love with it again. And then I get juiced and write more. The book is now called the Never Ending Book because I've wondered if this manuscript will ever be born in my lifetime.

But back to the New Book. Buy it. It'll make you laugh--I'm sure of it. You can flip through the pages, and put it down and then flip through new pages later--no need to get hooked, although you very well might. The illustrations are great too! Here are some of my favorites (not including mine which you'll have to figure out for yourself!):

"Soul'd out so I could prophet." Gotham Chopra
"Revenge is living well, without you." Joyce Carol Oates
"Liars, hysterectomy didn't improve sex life!" Joan Rivers
"I did ask to live backwards." Helen Glynn

Oh I have so many favorites it would take me a long time to list them!

Hint: mine is on a page that adds up to an 8.

So if you wonder why I haven't been blogging lately, I've been writing/editing/changing/messing-around-with my Never Ending Book. :Smile:

Being that it's Super Tuesday, check out this great video called "Yes We Can" by clicking here.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments:
Congratulations, What a great concept! Actually when you think of it it takes some thought to get it right with only 6 words! Mine would be this...

Ponder the heart not the hurt

Laughter, nature's first and only antidepressant!

The Rose colored glasses slip off
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?