Tuesday, December 04, 2007

 

The Gift Giving Mystery

Every year the stress happens: what to give others for Christmas? This is no easy task for many, and certainly not for me! I deliberate long and hard on what gifts to buy for others in my life, and even after the package is wrapped and the bow is placed on top, I'm still wondering if I made the right decision!

Will they like the gift? Do they need it? Is it the right size, style or color? Is it too boring? Too outrageous? And so the doubts rattle around in my head during the Season of Joy, and no doubt for many others as well!

Worse still is when others ask me what I would like for Christmas, and all I can think of is very expensive items or charitable donations to charities I favor--something obviously not in the budget for most I know! And then I ponder again...what can I suggest as a gift idea that is affordable for them? More stress!

If you've read this blog for very long, you know how I feel about STUFF! As I've matured, I've realized how much happier I am with a more minimal decorating style and less stuff. My closets are leaner. My cabinets and drawers aren't cluttered. I like to pass on books from my large library to those that'll enjoy them, and I don't want them returned to me!

Thus, it was fun for me to take the test yesterday at All I Want to discover what the Imagini folks think I would like for Christmas. Maybe they'd have a clue! They came up with all kind of gift suggestions in many different price ranges. It's a fun test, and maybe it'll give you some ideas of your own.

Here's their summation after I took the test:

"You're a total traditionalist when it comes to the holiday season. You love everything from eggnog to carol-singing, you throw yourself into it all 110%�.. Woe betide any scrooges who get in your way! When it comes to holidays, you like to be pampered. Zero exertion, maximum relaxation is the name of the game. Deep down, you have a wild untamed spirit. You appreciate any opportunity to run free, especially if there are horses involved."

They got it right, especially about the horses! So (wink,wink) if you're shopping for me a Christmas gift, think something to do with riding horses!

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?