Saturday, December 08, 2007

 

Did I Really Wish For Rain?

As the saying goes, "Be careful what you wish for". In my Dec. 2nd posting, I wished for rain, and has Maui ever had the rain--way more than what I had wished for!

There's been flash floods, endless rain, power outages (for three days in some areas), trees toppling over, road closures, traffic chaos, and revenue lost for many companies! According to some, it has been the worst weather disaster to hit Maui County for fifty years.

Maui is just now finally recovering, or so I thought until I got a phone call. The news is that there are more power outages in some parts of Maui, and as I look out my window, the rain is beginning again! I'm posting now just in case the electricity goes out here again.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
Stay as dry as you can. I hope things get back to normal soon.
 
Man, it must be something amazing when you get floods on an island. Stay safe, and God bless!
 
That's unusual for Maui! I think in all our trips there we only had one day of real, pouring down rain.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?