Wednesday, September 05, 2007

 

On Travel and the Superferry

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." St Augustine

The reason I haven't been posting lately is I've taken some time away from the computer to travel. And how fabulous it's been to enjoy my island Paradise (and other islands) and not feel compelled to blog about it--a first for me with my blogging addiction and multiple blogs!

Travel isn't over for me as we'll be in the Mainland til late September. I'm really looking forward to seeing friends I haven't seen in years and giving them a REAL hug.

Maybe by the time we return to Maui, the Hawaii Ferry fiasco will be straightened out. If you've missed out on the scandal, you can read about it in the New York Times online here. Yes, Hawaii's Superferry story even made it to the NY Times. For those who've been reading my posts for awhile, you may recall I'm not a huge fan of the Superferry. All you have to do is read the article to see why. Perhaps the $85 million boat, the Alakai, could be shipped elsewhere? :Smile:

If and when I'm near computers, I'll check in and post about our adventures.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
I wish you a wonderful break and vacation and a great time with good friends - hope you'll get a lot of hugs as you deserves it!

Please keep us posted! You know I love traveling and it's always good to be with someone doing it in the blogsphere:-)
 
Ahhhh.... How wonderful it sounds! I so long for travelling, butt I'm tied up by other duties for the moment. I hope for some travelling later this fall.

Well, at least write up some cyber cruise reports afterwards, will you? We're DYING of curiousity here.... *giggles*
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?