Monday, August 27, 2007

 

A Spectacular Lunar Eclipse Awaits Us This Evening

Photo: Charles Pfeil

Tonight's the night when I must stay up late because I don't want to miss the TOTAL lunar eclipse beginning around midnight on Maui. The Moon is supposed to turn a reddish-coppery color when it passes between the Earth's umbral shadow during this eclipse, and from beginning to end, the eclipse will last about an hour and a half.

Stargazing, observing eclipses, and watching planes take-off are three things I absolutely love! How about you?

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
I did not stay up I hope someone did I want to hear about what they saw
 
Did you get to see it? In the UK we were stuck having to watch it on the BBC :-)
 
Here are some photos of the eclipse in Australia. It was awesome.
http://www.abc.net.au/backyard/stories/s2017860.htm
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?