Saturday, July 21, 2007

 

Beyond The Fence, He Shines On


An old friend passed on today.

His death had been expected as we knew he didn't have long to live. Up to the very end, he said he still had things to do. Yesterday I posted a photo on my photoblog, Wailea Daily Photo, thinking of him and his imminent departure from his body which he donated to science. I posted it again today on this blog, for his light shows through the veil. He may be on the Other Side, but his light still shines.

He was a Cherokee Indian, strong, and brave, but confined to a wheel chair for some time. Not his style. On our last phone conversation, I issued him an invite to come pay us a visit once he crossed over. So he took me up on that, and he's been hanging out with us today. I didn't need a phone call to tell me that he had crossed-over, for I felt his energy at breakfast this morning.

I looked around for a great Native American quote which he might appreciate, so I'm including this one for Tom:

"From nowhere we come, into nowhere we go. What is life? It is a flash of a firefly in the night. It is a breath of a buffalo in the winter time. It is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset." –the last words of Chief Isapwo Muksika Crowfoot

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?