Thursday, June 07, 2007

 

Thursday Thirteen--Favorite Quotes



I'm a collector of inspirational quotes, and every time I read a great quote online, I copy and paste it into my quote file. The wisdom of these inspirational quotes fortifies me on days when I'm down or in doubt. Today I am going to share some of my favorite quotes:

1. "It matters not Who you love, Where you love, Why you love, When you love, Or
how you love, It matters only that you love." John Lennon

2. "Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?" Frank Scully

3. "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply
gives you courage." Lao Tzu

4. "Many people think that by hoarding money they are gaining safety for
themselves. If money is your ONLY hope for independence, you will never have it.
The only real security that a person can have in this world is a reserve of
knowledge, experience, and ability. Without these qualities, money is
practically useless." Henry Ford

5. "One has to abandon altogether the search for security, and reach out to the risk of living with both arms. One has to court doubt and darkness
as the cost of knowing." Morris L. West

6. "One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We
can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than
seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety." Deepak Chopra

7. "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I... I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost

8. "Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." Ronald E. Osborn

9. "It’s best not to get too excited or too depressed by the ups and downs of
life." Dalai Lama

10. "He who would be serene and pure needs but one thing, detachment." Meister Eckhart

11. "The bird of paradise alights only on the hand that does not grasp." John Berry

12. "Mastery does not come from dabbling. We have to be prepared to pay the price.
We need to have the sustained enthusiasm that motivates us to give our best." Eknath Easwaran

13. Genius is only the power of making continuous efforts." Elbert Hubbard

To get the Thursday Thirteen code, click here.


Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
One of my faves:

"There is only one person in the world exactly like you, and everyone can like you just the way you are."

Fred (Mister) Rogers
 
I love the Robert Frost quote, that is my favorite poem. Great TT list. Happy Thursday!
 
I always love quote TTs, because I'm a quote collector too. These are all wonderful! I especially like #5, #13, and of course #7.

Happy TT! :-)
 
OMG....I loved your list. Thanks!
 
Oh, great selection. I especially like the last...

Happy TT and thanks for stopping by my site.
 
What a great idea to post these quotes! I read them all and it really did make me think. I especially liked the Henry Ford one. :) Happy TT!
 
Great list! Keeping a file of quotes is a wonderful idea.

Thanks for visiting my TT!
 
I love these! Thanks for sharing, I'm keeping a few of these for a rainy day!
 
I have the perfect post for bloggers like you today. Please do read it. What a coincidence.

Pat
http://blogbible-general.blogspot.com
 
I did a quote TT this week, too. Yours might be the better list, though.
 
Great collection, thanks for sharing!
 
I really enjoy reading powerful quotes, thanks for this blog post
 
What a great list.
Happy late TT!
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?