Monday, June 18, 2007

 

Summertime Reading

I've been taking a break from the computer and catching up on reading-- books which have piled up this year since I've been doing most of my reading on the net, especially blogs. I'm a total blog addict, and now I'm attempting to come to terms with this addiction by backing off of blogs and reading a REAL book!

The books I've been reading lately:

The New York Times Bestseller: "1,000 Places To See Before You Die'' which is satiating my wanderlust as I'm a very happy armchair traveler. This method of travel has a lot of benefits for I save money, save time, and save airport frustration. All I have to do is dial up my imagination....and I'm gone!

"Angels and Fairies" is a compilation of "The World's Greatest Art" inspired by angels and fairies. The text and art reproductions are delicious!

Another #1 New York Times Bestselling Author's book, "The Weight Loss Cure", is a wake-up call. Kevin Trudeau has compiled the most inclusive list of things to do to loose weight, and he really gives the the lowdown about the AMA, the food industry, and the pharmaceutical companies. This book is an eye-opener which has refreshed my zeal to be aware of everything I put in and on my body.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
I hear you! I have been reading so many blogs lately that I've neglected books. Went on vacation and read three in one week, which was great. It's lucky the cottage we stay at has no wireless internet connection! Right now I'm deeply immersed in a great summer read, Lean Mean Thirteen (a Stephanie Plum novel). Very funny series!
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?