Tuesday, May 01, 2007

 

Today is my 16th Year Anniversary for Moving To Maui

Photo: Charles Pfeil

Of course my move to Maui was a Cosmic Set-up! I certainly never planned to relocate to Maui when I purchased a round trip ticket! I arrived on Maui on May 1, 1991 very discouraged and world weary and was desperately seeking r & r. Another failed relationship was finishing and would soon complete. Nothing interested me--not even food--and that's saying a lot because I LOVE food! All in all, I was in a wretched emotional space.

However, before my three-week Maui vacation ended, Mama Maui wrapped her loving arms around me and enticed me to make Maui my home. Within several months, I met the man I would fall in love with and begin yet another chapter. Within a year, my daughter moved to Maui to live with us. Within six months of being together with my new partner, we had a cat appropriately named Lucky by me. I felt very lucky then as I still do. I have a fine friendship with a woman I met the first month I was here, and even though she doesn't live on Maui anymore, we still communicate frequently.

Today is a day of reflection, gratitude, and praise for the island of Maui, my home!

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments:
We never know where life will take us and it seems to have taken you to a particularly beautiful place!
How exciting to have the Dali Lama visiting. It's one of my travel goals, to go to India to see him.
I enjoyed browsing through your blogs and seeing your beautiful photographs.
 
A lot of sweet memories flooded my mind,as I remembered the, actually ..second time I met you at "miracles"book store that beautiful May day... and then I crashed the wedding reception with you! I of course am very honored and thankful that we have had these years of "sisterhood"Happy anniversary dear one...Basha
 
Happy Anniversary to Maui Momma
 
Happy anniversary! Maui is always very special to me as well even though I don't live there. It was the first vacation I took with my (now) husband. You are so fortunate to be able to make Maui your home and it surely seems to have blessed you with wonderful experiences!
 
I'm so glad you did find your luck over there! I love to hear about others happiness :-)

I have that luck myself and naturally i want others to have it to!
 
That is amazing! What a wonderful place to re-locate to! You obviously made the right choice.

I am popping over from Shelly at This Eclectic Life.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?