Wednesday, May 30, 2007

 

Recuperating and Reflecting on Maui

Artwork courtesy of Love Peace Happiness

Yesterday our last house guests left--continuous for two months and eight days including the different sets of guests! As much fun as it is to have house guests, both my partner and I are now furiously attempting to play 'catch-up' in many areas of our lives which we neglected while preoccupied with guests.

We did more exploring of Maui during this time period of guests because we were showing others around, and I was shocked at many changes I saw which I normally don't see in my daily creative activities within our home.

The construction projects are mind boggling--everywhere we drove (except Hana), we saw buildings going up, especially in Kihei, Kaanapali, and Wailea! In Makena mansions are being built!

My partner heard the news that Go Airlines was offering a fare for $9 one way inter-island, but by the time he had heard about it, the deal was already sold out! The good news is they are having a contest with good prizes for signing up for their e-newsletter, so I signed us up.

The inter-island air fares had been up to $150 one-way with Aloha and Hawaiian Airlines before Go showed up on the scene. Talk about change!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments:
That's some serious PhotoShoping right there!
 
I know, there have been so many changes; we notice it every time we come. I just sent a donation to the Save Makena group. I hope they are successful in slowing the tide of construction in that area.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?