Saturday, April 28, 2007

 

Interview Me

Artwork courtesy of Love Peace Happiness

Queenie Carly of the blog "With A Turn And A Twist She Gets Her Way" has given me a Five Questions Interview. If you'd like to play along with this game, leave your name in comments with the address of your blog, and I'll send you five questions for Your Interview!

My Interview Questions and Answers:

1. If you could have been credited with one discovery, which would you like it to be?

My answer: I'd like to discover and facilitate the way for every sentient being in the world (including myself) to be caught-up in the Present Moment (and out of our "Pain Bodies") at the very same time-- so much so that together we ignite a shift into our original Eden and Higher Dimension of Consciousness.

What is the Pain Body?

"This acceptance of the present moment -- this allowing the present moment to be -- is the way out of pain.

The pain we do experience starts to accumulate and amasses into what Eckhart calls the pain-body which he describes as "a negative energy field that occupies your mind and body" and consists of the pain you have accumulated throughout your life, including the pain experienced in childhood. Like the mind, but perhaps in a different sense, the pain-body is also given a life of it's own. "The pain-body wants to survive, just like every other entity in existence, and it can only survive if it gets you to unconsciously identify with it."

How does the pain-body survive? By feeding on more pain, of course! "Once the pain-body has taken you over, you want more pain… You want to inflict pain, or you want to suffer pain, or both. There isn't really much difference between the two." When identified with the pain-body, you create painful situations and you sustain them, and in doing so allow the pain-body to thrive within you -- that is, until you shine the bright spotlight of consciousness onto the pain-body and disidentify from it. This process of becoming fully conscious, becoming the watcher of your mind and honoring the present moment results in a "higher dimension of consciousness" that Eckhart (Tolle) calls "presence."" The link to this quoted information is from here.

2. Complete this phrase: I feel most alive when I am:

My answer: Communing with Nature and Spirit! When I'm hooked-up to Source Energy, I remember who I truly am--a spiritual being in a human body.

3. What is the most important thing you do in order to keep yourself feeling balanced and grounded?

I use several different methods to ground, but the most important one is to walk barefoot on the earth (a Maui beach is great for this!) at the same time focusing my awareness on the present moment and on my connection to the earth.

4. When you think of your experience of seeing the Dalai Lama this week (wow!), what was the greatest lesson you came away with?

My answer: Keep it Real! Some of the MANY qualities I love about the Dalai Lama which I witnessed again this past week is his ability to be humble, completely present with everyone he meets, and to remain authentic. He is a great role model for all of us to be our authentic selves as he is!

5. What is your guilty pleasure?

Ice cream cones and bars--any will do. No favorites. My inner child requires them from time to time.






Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
Great job! I took a long time to come up with your questions. I'll admit, it was all a little self-serving because I was really looking forward to reading your answers.

Your pain body information was intriguing! I often stop myself in my downward spiraling thoughts to try to bring myself back to the present moment. For me, there is nothing more grounding than that.

That said, walking a Maui beach sounds exquisite! I visited Maui eight years ago and loved it! I long for the day I can return.

We have plenty of gorgeous forests and mountains here in Vancouver and I think communing with nature has just become a top priority for me, all thanks to your inspiring words.

Thank you so much for joining in this fun! Your visit to my blog restores my faith that everything happens for a reason, that our paths crossing is more than just a coincidence. I'll be back. Your blog is so great!
 
Loved your answers to the five questions. The whole idea of the "pain body" and living in the now is very salient to me. I tend to "awfulize" things and worry about "what ifs" and other negative things...a friend told me "It is what it is" - which could have been a cliche, but isn't. Because I interpreted it as a way to live in the present - accept everything as it is right now, but then to move forward, leaving the baggage behind.
 
Good questions, I will answer one...
My guilty pleasure is bad reality tv shows, 80's music & laying around in bed long after the alarm!
 
Came over here from Mushy's place. If you'd like to give me five questions, I'll answer them as best I can.

http://jimsuldog.blogspot.com/
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?