Friday, April 06, 2007

 

Friday Felicitations

I've joined a new group meme this Friday because I really like the concept proposed by the initiator of this meme (Megan): Flaming Renaissance.

So far there aren't too many members, so I'm not joining it for that reason. Here's what was written and which TOTALLY resonated to me:

"Why is it we are so ready to remember those negative things we hear about ourselves and so quick to dismiss the compliments and offers of a step up in this world? Who, may I ask, taught us that being proud of something we’ve done well or accomplished is the same as being arrogant?

Let’s give up that thinking once and for all! Stop hiding the gifts of positive words behind your back and start thrusting them out in the open - join our Friday Felicitations Movement!

Felicitate

Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): -tat·ed; -tat·ing
1 archaic : to make happy
2 a : to consider happy or fortunate b : to offer congratulations to

(taken from Miriam Webster Online)

It’s time to help each other throw out all that negative thinking and acknowledge those things we have to celebrate. Friday is now the day to blog your compliments, your accomplishments, something nice someone said to you, or maybe even something you are striving to make better. Go ahead, announce yourself to be happy and fortunate."

*************************

When I read the above by Megan, I remembered a quote I have loved for many years.

Many of you probably have heard this quote by the inspiring Marianne Williamson:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

*********

With this quote in mind, I'd like to share TWO things (even though there were many!) which really made me feel good this week and which made me feel good about myself.

The first one was the gift of yesterday's banner celebrating my 300th posting on this blog. It was lovingly and freely designed by my dear friend Marj!

The second one was this email from another blogger. This one came to me at just the perfect moment--when I was having second thoughts about blogging and wondering whether I'm wasting my precious time. Every now and then I get blog-weary, and I wonder why I'm blogging so much. And then someone writes me an encouraging, uplifting email, and I get my second wind. Here's what came to me this week:

"I just wanted to tell you that your blogs all look so interesting!! I am super impressed that you have that many blogs that all look so enticing!

I know a lot of us have multiple blogs, but, some of them are just so-so, you know what I mean?

Like say, a friend has 7 blogs and two of hers really interest me, but the other five are just so-so.

But as I was reading the list of your blogs, I was going, "Oh! That one looks good!"

"Oh, that one does, too!"

and so on and so on...

heehee

It will take me a bit to get through them all!

I joined the It's About Community blogroll thanks to perusing your blogs, too!

Nice to 'meet' you!

Lisa :)"

I'm gonna throw a little link love back at Lisa for making my week a better one!



Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
Aww...how sweet! I'm so glad that my comments affected you so! That is so awesome!

It's funny, because so often, I think really nice things about people and I'm afraid, for whatever ridiculous reasons, to actually tell them.

And then sometimes, I just think, I really have to tell this person this - I just have to tell them.

Wish that was there all the time - and perhaps this exchange will inspire me to do it more often!
 
I'm fairly new in the blogosphere, but I found your blog right away and put it in my "favorites" immediately! I love Maui and I enjoy your blog. We travel to Maui every Christmas and your blog just resonates with the joy, gratitude and wonder of your lifestyle in Maui! I love it!

And great meme! I've emailed a few blog friends about it!

Warmly,

A.M. "Wishy"
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?