Thursday, March 22, 2007

 

Thursday Thirteen Facts About Number 23

Since this is my 23 (twenty-third) posting I am doing for the Thursday Thirteen meme, I decided to share thirteen weird things about the number 23. This is what Wikipedia has to say about the number 23:

"The "23 Enigma" is the Discordian belief that all events are connected to the number 23, given enough ingenuity on the part of the interpreter. It can be seen in Robert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea's Illuminatus! trilogy (there called the "23/17 phenomenon"), Wilson's Cosmic Trigger I: The Final Secret of the Illuminati (there called "The Law of 23s" and "The 23 Enigma"), Arthur Koestler's Challenge of Chance, as well as the Principia Discordia. In these works, 23 is considered either lucky, unlucky, sacred to the goddess Eris, sinister, sacred to the unholy gods of the Cthulhu Mythos, or strange. Discordians regard this as a corollary of the Law of Fives."

The following 13 things are from Wikipedia as well:

1. Shakespeare was born and died on the 23rd day of the month.
2. Sirius A has the luminosity of 23.5.
3. The axis of the Earth is 23.5.
4. It takes 23 seconds for blood to circulate through the human body.
5. Caesar was stabbed 23 times when he was assassinated.
6. The number of joints in a human arm is 23.
7. There are more reported sightings of UFO's on July 23 than any other day.
8. There are 23 letters in the Latin alphabet.
9. There are 23 days in the male sex cycle.
10. There is no 23 Chapter in the Bible book Revelations.
11. Each parent contributes 23 chromosones to the DNA of a child.
12. The average smoker smokes 23 butts a day.
13. The number of letters in William Jefferson Clinton is 23.

To acquire the Thursday Thirteen code, click here.

Technorati Tags:, TT,,

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Cool number and what a neat list..Thanks for the info
 
Wow 23 is a poweful number indeed.

Aline
 
Wikipedia is a great source for this kind of amazing info. Nice idea for a list!
My TT lists cars we've owned before our current one.
 
That's a great list--very interesting! :)

Michelle
http://www.michellepillow.com/authorblog/
 
Have you seen the recent movie all about the number 23?

Definitely something spooky about that number . . .

I'm all about wacky and wonderful words that begin with the letter z.
 
Great idea for a T13 list. I've always been partial to odd numbers.
 
Wow, that's a very interesting list. I was born on the 23rd of the month, as was my guide dog (although not the same month). :-)
Thanks for visiting my TT.
 
Very interesting! I haven't seen the movie, but it's on my must-rent list
 
Wow! However did you come up with all that? That's amazing!

Happy TT! Thanks for popping by my blog! :-)
 
Male sex cycle? I understood that we thought about sex every 10 seconds or somethin'. What the hell?
 
Who would ever have thought that there would be 13 unique facts about the number 23? Not I! Thanks for an interesting post -- and thanks for coming by my blog.
 
great and very original tt entry!
 
Great TT :) visit mine!
 
Very cool post! It makes me want to see the movie 23, even though it got bad reviews. I need to read Wikipedia more often. :)

Thanks for stopping by today. :)
 
Thanks for visiting West of Mars! If you hadn't, I might have missed this cool list. I'd never heard this about number 23; I'll have to look into it.

Wonder how you can tie 23 to rock and roll... Hmm....
 
Nice list!
I'm still trying to find those 23 joint in my arm. Wonder if they're counting the fingers?
 
what a great idea! Very very interesting!
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?