Thursday, March 08, 2007

 

Thirteen Influential Songs From the Late Sixties and Early Seventies

I had a phone conversation today with a beloved friend and counselor who shared a technique she has developed to retrieve abilities, talents, and qualities we once 'owned' at different periods in our lives. Here's an example: perhaps at one time in your life, you were very athletic, healthy, lean, and fit. Using the technique of listening to the music from that time period, you can more easily remember how it felt to be healthy, fit, and active and reclaim this athletic self. Apparently using music from a time period facilitates the reconnection. The process is somewhat more complicated than this brief explanation, but should anyone desire to counsel via telephone with this friend, just request her email or website in my comment box or email, and I will forward it onto you.

Thus, after our phone conversation completed, I reflected upon the being I once was in the late 60's and early 70's. I recalled how much more courageous I was. I had way more moxy! My intention is to listen to music from that era, especially my favorite songs. Music was one of the main ways I identified myself back then, and so it's challenging to list ONLY thirteen songs, but here goes, "Thirteen Songs Which Were Extremely Influential":

1. Let It Be--The Beatles
2. Bridge Over Troubled Water--Simon & Garfunkel
3. Fire and Rain--James Taylor
4. Wild World--Cat Stevens
5. How Can You Mend A Broken Heart--Bee Gees
6. Time--Pink Floyd
7. You Can't Always Get What You Want--Rolling Stones
8. Stairway To Heaven--Led Zeppelin
9. Smoke On The Water--Deep Purple
10. Woodstock--Joni Mitchell
11. Hot Fun In The Summertime
12. Get Up, Stand Up--Bob Marley
13. Lucky Man--Emerson, Lake & Palmer

To get the Thursday Thirteen code, click here.

Technorati Tags:, TT,,

Labels: ,


Comments:
Let it Be by The Beatles is beautiful. I liked this song when Meatloaf sang it too.
 
neat list...i havent heard of many of those but i am sure hubby has
 
Just reading each of those titles brought separate memories. Some happy, some sad, some empowering.

Thanks for the memories!
 
WOW! Awesome list of music!! I love to do what you've described in your post. I can listen to a song and it's like a time machine, it's just transports me right back to wear I was when that song was popular.

I just love music. It can completely transform your mood and bring back some wonderful memories!

Great list- Loved it! Jessica
 
Amazing how powerful music can be. It can evoke a memory, a smell, and affect our mood and outlook on life. This is such a great list.

I'm all about the writing life this week on TT #5 for me - interestingly enough, I mention music as well.
 
GREAT Tunes!
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy
 
Fabulous list! It just doesn't get any better than most of those.

I'm intrigued by your "music for your goals" idea. I've always loved old 70's and early 80's stuff for the gym.

I did a music-themed TT this week too, but a bit more esoteric than yours.
 
Great list, I love all those classic songs. In fact, thanks for reminding me to go back and listen to my favorites and kick up some moxy!
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?