Sunday, February 11, 2007

 

It's My Birthday and I'll Do It My Way


Yesterday was my partner's birthday which we celebrated HIS style which means Very Low Key! He absolutely didn't want a party, a cake, or any fuss. He's the kind of person who makes it really easy on your wallet because he always says, "Don't waste your money on me. I have everything I need. All I want is for everyone to be happy and healthy."

So we went out to eat (Thai food), saw a movie (The Queen), and chilled. We gave him some small gifts, and he was pleased.

He doesn't like big parties or lots of friends bringing him gifts. He doesn't want to make a big deal about his birthday or call attention to it in any way. I've succeeded on numerous occasions with surprise parties. He's never been happy with them!

This year he made a good haul with really great gifts arriving via mail before his birthday, and then on his birthday, we received a surprise knock on the door and friends had made him the most delicious orange cake with a homemade, light & fluffy, non-sugary frosting. So much for my willpower and current weight-loss program! My daughter and I helped him out with this yummy cake... oh yeh! It's my opinion that birthdays are to be celebrated and enjoyed--if not by the birthday gal or girl, at least by the celebrants.

Technorati Tags:, gifts,,

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Yummy!! Yummy!
=^.^=
 
Yummy!! Yummy!
=^.^=
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?