Wednesday, January 17, 2007

 

Those Who Touch Our Lives

Photo: Charles Pfeil


I've recently tackled and completed tasks about which I've procrastinated for a long, long time. The biggest JOB was re-working and organizing our large storage closet, a feng-shui nightmare if there ever was one. This is the closet where everything gets tossed and where eventually everything ends up jumbled together. I'm sure everyone might possibly have one of these in their home at one point or the other. Total chaos ruled this closet. No more! Now I can actually walk into it, and I know where everything is even if the closet bulges a bit.

The second transformation was my 'art-space'. Said art-space was totally clogged with papers, junk, doo-dads, odd-and-ends, and what-not's which didn't belong in this space. Somehow they had found a home there, and this space had become another one of my feng-shui nightmares. Organizing, sifting-through, and deleting the not-art-stuff was a major challenge, and one I'm still working on.

I have to be in a certain mood for these tedious tasks. Therefore, I play melancholy music, light a few aromatherapy candles, and put myself into the mindset of what is really important by contemplating the news of the day. This is what works for me.

This week a great man passed on. I contemplated the life of the man best known as Secret Santa who gave away a total of $1.3 million while he was alive. His real name was Larry Stewart, an unassuming Kansas City millionaire. You can read an article about him here and on the web at Secret Santa.

Inspired by the life of a great man, the small stuff like household disorder and tedious tasks are seen for what they are: Small Potatoes. Molehills.

Technorati Tags:, Larry Stewart,,


Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?