Sunday, December 31, 2006

 

My Best of 2006

Photo: Charles Pfeil

After reviewing this exciting, challenging and dramatic year, I have picked my fav's and Best Of 2006 to share with you. Some were easy picks and others were more complicated, but I finally came up with my 'best-of's 2006', so here goes:


Best Book
: Nora Ephron's "I Feel Bad About My Neck And Other Thoughts on Being A Woman". Nora is a brilliant writer, and she comes from the same journalistic background of 'who-what-when-where-how school' as I do. She writes clean, easy-to-read, page-turning prose. I couldn't put the book down, and even if you've never lived in New York City or Washington D.C. where many of the stories are set, you'll enjoy her wicked sense of humor and scorching honesty about "life as a woman of a certain age."

Best Memorable Moment: Our group of four were invited for a private audience with His Holiness, the Dalai Lama, at his home in McLeod Ganj, India. Spending up-close and personal time with this wise, kind & loving being was the meeting/experience of a lifetime.

Best Magazine Cover: Time Magazine's Person of the Year Cover shows a silver computer screen monitor which reflects the person looking at it. The copy reads, "You. Yes, you. You control the Information Age. Welcome to your world."

Best Adventure Catalogue: Hidden Trail's 2007 "Explore The World on Horseback". For horse lovers, this is a dream catalogue--trips to imagine and perhaps plan an unforgettable adventure in 2007? Several years ago we went on an 8-day Costa Rica horseback adventure using this company. We had a blast! Even looking at the back cover gives me goose pimples and a yearning for another horseback adventure. Check out the photo with the darling little girl with her face pressed against the muzzle of a beautiful black horse. Pure poetry!

Best Long-Desired Invention: Yves Rossy can fly through the air with his flying machine invention. This device has 4 model-engines under the wings and can fly at over 200 km/hour using light body movements. This is different from hangliders, paragliders and gliding wingsuits. On this website, you can watch Yves flying through the Alps. The long sought after dream of flying like a bird is now realized. The kinks are being worked out.

Best Ridiculous Announcement: Astronomers demote Pluto, our former ninth planet. Pluto is now considered by some as only one of a group of "dwarf planets".

Best New Easiest Way To Watch Videos Online: YouTube hands down-- the fastest to download, easiest to share.

Best New Word in My Vocabulary: BLOG! I am amazed how many people don't know this word! It really stumps people. Even after explaining what a 'blog' is to some, they still can't quite grasp the concept and the phenomena --which is a mystery to me.

Best Weird 'N Wonderful Television Show: Boston Legal because of the important issues addressed. The writing and acting are superb. The actors convey a wonderful sense of pathos.

Best Television Show To Entrap: Lost. I warn you--this show is addictive. You can't watch it once. You'll see. Don't tell me I didn't warn you. Of course, you will be as lost and confused as the rest of us, probably including the cast.

Best New Car: Scion tC because I own one. All things considered, this new model is full of great features & extras to add plus they have their own club. I haven't joined for I'm too busy blogging. Maybe in 2007? We'll see!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Technorati Tags:, Best Of,,


Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?