Wednesday, November 22, 2006

 

Thankfully Simple Thanksgiving

Art courtesy of Love Peace Happiness

Indeed I am truly blessed this Thanksgiving because NOT ONLY am I not entertaining and not cooking and cleaning up afterwards, my partner and I are ONLY required to bring store bought pies to the Thanksgiving party to which we've been invited! What could be simpler! What a pleasant change from former hard-working Thanksgivings! Simple is Good! And I am Oh So Thankful!

Here's a quote from the New York Times Online which speaks to me: "There are a lot of impossible, unspoken rules on Thanksgiving. We┬┤re supposed to be thankful and eat a lot and drink a lot and be nice to each other. Teenagers are supposed to stop being sullen. Matriarchs are supposed to make a perfect turkey and some man is supposed to know how to carve it."JOANN LOULAN, a family therapist.

I've experienced many a dysfunctional family Thanksgiving, and hopefully (knock on wood and cross my fingers!), the worst of those unhappy Thanksgiving gatherings are in the past. But for others who are still trying to live up to the "impossible, unspoken rules on Thanksgiving", I pray you find your way through and find some peace within. I know it's not easy as the holidays are loaded with expectations.

And for ALL THOSE LEFTOVERS, there are nine creative yummy recipes offered on the Food Network. The one that caught my eye was the Leftover Pumpkin Pie Brulee. Of course, this recipe calls for a mini blow torch to carmelize the sugar on the top. This procedure might be a bit chancy for me and ruin my Very Simple Before And After Thanksgiving Plan since I am unfamiliar with blow torches. The more I consider the possible dangers of me with a blow torch, I think it would be wise for me to leave the leftovers behind with our hosts and stick to the K.I.S.S. plan for this year's Thanksgiving celebration.

Happy Thanksgiving One & All! May you have a joyous holiday full of gratitude!

Technorati Tags:, leftovers,,


Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?