Wednesday, November 01, 2006

 

Halloween Night in Lahaina 2006

I've attended the Lahaina Halloween Street Party every year for the last fifteen years. This festivity is known as the Mardi Gras of the Pacific, and people from all the islands come to Maui to join in the costumed street parade, contests and revelry. Talk about people watching! It's the best! There is always a lot of creativity with costumes, and/or lack of with some ladies and guys wearing mostly nothing but their birthday suits. A friend who attended the Mulligan's Halloween event in Wailea reported that many girls were wearing nothing but pasties and boy shorts.

Not liking to repeat myself, I change my costume every year, and this year I dressed as a Celtic Princess. The long teal-green velvet cape with hood over a long golden velvet dress became quite hot by the end of the evening, and those that wore next-to-nothing certainly had the right idea I realized.






Technorati Tags:, Lahaina Halloween Party,,


Comments:
Great photos looked varied. Do you have more photos?
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?