Thursday, October 05, 2006

 

I Wanna Hold Your Hand and More!



I was very touched by an article I read today in the New York Times online titled "A Simple Show of Hands "

This article by Stephanie Rosenbloom covered many aspects of hand-holding: the romantic, the friendly, the public demonstration, the effects of hand-holding on body and mind, the affection, the protection, the comfort, the respect, the intimacy, the balance, the boost to the immune system and others. It seems hand-holding is a very deep gesture in most cultures. With hand-holding in mind, I decided to make my Thursday Thirteen post a tribute to other gestures like hand-holding that are beneficial to our well-being.

1. Hugs and other loving forms of greetings

2. Opening the door for someone you know or holding it for a stranger behind you

3. Offering someone a drink or refreshment when they come to your home

4. Smiles

5. Returning phone calls or emails-- whether business or personal

6. Eye contact

7. Pat on the back

8. Public acknowledgement of appreciation to another or others

9. Charitable donation, tithing

10. Any act of kindness

11. Thank-you notes, emails and cards---Mahalo Nui Loa!

12. Praying, meditating, communing with Nature

13. Taking time to honor our body/mind/spirit and loving ourselves

Go here to get the Thursday Thirteen code:

Technorati Tags:, TT,,




Comments:
Mahalo Nui Loa!

Translate this please. :-)
 
That's a great list! I enjoyed reading your post.
My TT is about witches.
 
Technocrati indicated you carried a link to Ladies, Goddesses And Bitches. It must be based on your membership in Blogger Chicks. Something I will have to explore further.

In any case, I find your blogspot interesting.

As for this posting, I have but four words to offer, Random Acts Of Kindness.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?