Friday, August 25, 2006

 

Help Wanted On Maui

Photo: terragalleria

While much of the rest of the country suffers unemployment, such is not the case on Maui. As a matter of fact, there aren't enough people to meet the needs of employers on Maui. Rumor has it that some resorts are paying for the relocation of the much-needed employees from afar.

More Maui News: Two new television shows will begin filming in Lahaina in September: Living Lahaina and Island Fever. My daughter reminded me today as I was posting this that I had predicted many more television shows and films being filmed here in the Islands over ten years ago. She is my record-keeper for my predictions that I toss out and then forget about, and she has the memory of an elephant.

Maui living certainly has it's lure, and sometimes it's hard to return to the Mainland. Here's a recent quote by actor Owen Wilson about his Maui visit, "I went to go stay with Woody Harrelson and his family in Hawaii for four days and it turned into four weeks."

Technorati Tags:, television shows,,




Comments:
Oh, this is so very tempting!! ;-)

Thanks for a fun blog!

Lynn
http://cree8iv1.wordpress.com/
 
You can't get people to move to Maui? Hmm...what dark secret are you guys hiding there??

:)
 
My husband and I honeymooned in Maui earlier this year and we guessed that there would be no jobs! Work at a resort part time and make jewelry part time? Sounds good to me! It's so beautiful there!
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?