Tuesday, June 13, 2006

 

Well...Hello Dali!

The word is out...His Holiness The Dalai Lama is coming to Maui in 2007! Of course, I already knew that, but I was sworn to secrecy until the Maui News blabbed it on their June 10th Front Page. You know how that goes! They are the paper of record here on Maui after all. As many of may recall from my earlier postings here on Who's Yo Mama, I journeyed to visit His Holiness at his home in McLeod Ganj, India this March with three others. We had a private audience at his home which is where the original photo was taken. Each of us had the great honor of being photographed with him as he graciously grabbed our hands and held them for the photograph.

Today I decided to do a little of my famous collage work with the original photo and make it Maui tropical (minus me and us). I dressed the Dalai Lama for his Maui visit with a lei around his neck, a palm tree in the background, a compass and the ubiquitous 'Aloha'. I think this art piece has an interesting vintage vibe, don't you? I sense he'll love it here. Who knows? Maybe he'll want to stay on a little for some r & r. Heaven knows, he deserves some. Want to take a look at his schedule?


Comments:
I like the art, cool I can't wait!
 
Wow! That must have been an awesome experience being in His presence. I'd love to meet Him one day.

We went to Maui for our 10-day honeymoon and we absolutely loved it! My husband really wanted to move the whole family there afterward, but it's sooo pricey in Maui.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?