Tuesday, May 16, 2006

 

Lately It Has Occured To Me



"Lately it occurs to me, what a long strange trip it's been"

Jerry Garcia

Oh yes Jerry, I quite agree with you in respect to the World of Blogging! When you dive into blogging, you dive into another strange computer universe with it's own language that takes you on a heavy duty trip. Never did I dream that this world would be so vast, so complicated, and so full of new information! When I began blogging again in earnest recently, I didn't know the language of blogging, the terms, the players, the ins-and-outs at all. Like many of my peers, I was (and still am in many respects) a Computer Dummie. Now I am growing more in nerdiness every day, which is a GOOD thing!

I'm beginning to understand about RSS Feeds, trackbacks, tags and pings. And then when I finally understood pings and how they work, I learn there is a thing called Ning! For computer dummies like me, this is a whole new world, a very strange one. Why would one want to clone their Apps on Ning? These are the questions I contemplate after I have bent my brain (or fried it) attempting to comprehend.

Despite the alien nature of this computer world, I have begun to understand a bit more of it through long hours of study, experimentation, education from others who are pros, and learning from my set-backs. Where this journey will lead me is unknown at this time, but my feet are on the path with strong and sturdy hiking boots. I am on my way! I have opened the door to a whole new world. No one is forcing me to open this door, but I am strongly guided to do so.

"Women will draw doors where are none, and open them and pass through into new ways and new lives."

Clarissa Pinkola Estes

Yes, what a long strange trip it continues to be.
Comments:
Very well put, and kinda funny! I like when you blog with some humor. I think others can relate to the experience as well then chuckle, as they were once getting into the blog campus frat or soriety house. However, this "house" if you will plays upon your persistance, and intelligence as well as creaivity verses toilet papering and many other odd frat house spectacles that are rather for lack of a better phrase "old skool". I don't believe the learning curve into blogging101 is a "nerdy thing" but a new artistic expression a new language of sorts. They once said at school learn Spanish as your second language. Now I think it should be said learn Spanish, and HTML, oh yeah and don't forget propa
English along da way! :)
 
I am glad that YOU understand RSS and pinging...and hope you can explain them to me!
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?