Friday, November 19, 2004

 
"All the world's a stage and the people merely players," wrote Shakespeare. I have been mulling over this quote and its implications lately as a result of several ongoing soap operas in my own life as well as the life of others that have a surreal feel. Are we involved in past-life replays or are we merely players in a giant stage with invisible puppet masters controlling our every move? Sometimes it seems as if the staging is so flimsy that one could poke a finger right through the illusion. It is at times like this that I remember to not take anything personally. This impersonal stance and p.o.v. helps me to maintain my balance.

During weird times such as these with mysterious elements abounding, I like to refer to certain weathered books that have helped me through challenging times in the past. One such book is "Bunk House Logic" by Ben Stein. My paperback book, dirty and yellowed with age that it is, is all about the rules of the game (LIFE), and it gives one advice about the habits, behavior and attitudes of the confidant achievers in this world. I never fail to get motivated by it. One of the truest things I have experienced that this book states is this: Bad luck is catching (page 103). Oh yeh...know that one!
Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?