Monday, October 04, 2004

 
I have discovered two products that are helping to decrease my stress levels. I only wish that I had known about them this past year when we were going through renovation hell. Oh well, better late than never as the saying goes. Both products are being used by Bob and me at the same time, so we aren't doing an exact science experiment to determine which one is the most effective. However, it seems to us that they both are contributing to getting us back to the way we were. One is a CD called Insight which uses the latest technology to relax and inspire. The other is a capsule called Transfer Factor. Our friend Simeon (who researched this product) said that most anxiety is caused by parasites, and this product takes these buggers all away, and for some, this amounts to a major detox. But since I am the The Detox Queen, I have noticed only subtle signs. Thus, I conclude that my parasites were few. This is a good thing as I'm not in the mood to be sick. :-)

I went with my daughter to the Maui County Fair this past weekend, a place I haven't been in at least ten years. The last time I attended I was asked to participate in the 'psychic tent' where all the top island psychics gave readings. I accepted, and our seven-member group were stuffed into a small space with little desks and chairs. Needless to say, the psychic energies were intense and zinging around in this small space, and after several days of dealing with drunks, wackos of all kinds out for a goof and these aforementioned psychic energies, I was fried. This time, however, was different. I just walked around with my daughter and watched her receive a lei and a award for the nonprofit she works with. We ate some yummy malasadas and drank lots of water as it was very hot. Of course, I was probably perceived as someone that just landed from another planet as the people that attend the fair were for the most part locals. Since I have long white blond hair, fair skin and blue eyes, I stand out from them quite dramatically. I felt comfortable, however, as I have lived on this island for quite some time now and even though I may look way different, I vibe comfortably enough with the locals even though we really ARE from different planets and frequencies. :-)

As a matter of fact, I feel way different in many respects than most people on Maui, and that is why I tend to be reclusive. There is a nudist beach in Makena that I haven't gone to in years, and the reason why is that I just don't fit in with the crowd. Here is the way a local newspaper (MauiTime)described those that flock to this beach: "...Indeed, the only diversity I saw was in the spectrum of nouveau hippies loafing around. Dour-faced Hari Krishnas, organic food faddists, sharp-elbowed vegans, Rastafarians, deadheads, pacifists, Indiaphiles, American Indian wannabes, Buddhists, reformed ravers, even a few octogenarian ex-hippies. In the middle of this love fest were some wide-eyed Canadian backpackers, wayward tourists, swingers and other adventurous consenting adults." None of these folks are from my starship either. So whether it's the local fair-going folks, the nudists at Little Beach, the yuppies, the retirees or the community activists, I don't belong to their worlds. I peacefully co-habit this island with all of these types and MORE and wonder where is my tribe? Even though I don't exactly blend in the mix, my philosophy of Oneness allows me to enjoy all the diverse types this island attracts and know in my heart that we are One. Meeting individuals one-on-one, there is always the One Heart that weaves the love and soothes my soul.
Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?