Wednesday, June 23, 2004

 
One of the great legendary teachers and Masters on this planet passed away recently...June 17th to be exact. His name was Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan, a renowned Sufi Master.

Pir Vilayat first came to me in dreams back in the '70's. At that time, I didn't know who he was, and when I finally discovered a picture of him in a book, I was amazed that he was actually a living master and the head of the Sufi Order.

Eventually, I finally had my opportunity to spend time with him at a special week-long retreat in Tucson, Arizona. The moment we laid eyes on each other, we both smiled because we were at last meeting in the physcial. We knew each other! He was the most amazing teacher and being. I chose to become initiated by him as a Sufi, and I will never forget the moments we shared under a shade tree during my private initiation where he gave me my Sufi name. His golden brown eyes seemed especially golden that day. His divine presence radiated from his eyes. I had never experienced unconditional love from another like from him.

Through some unknown means, he was able to activate my kundalini to open my heart chakra. Kundalini burns, but oh....who cares when you feel so much joy! With his assistance, my life turned around, and I will forever be in deep gratitude to him. Since he first appeared to me in dreams, and since I haven't seen him in the physical in many years, I feel he never really left me, for he works on the higher dimensions

To read more about this exceptional master and actually hear his last lecture, here is the website:

http://www.greatmystery.org/pirvilayat.html
Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?