Tuesday, May 11, 2004

 
After a year of renovation, I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel! Just as everyone who has been through renovation hell has told us, the project always goes overbudget and takes longer than planned! And so it has been with us!

I am thrilled with the outside painting contractor I chose. He has the Right Stuff.... a true professional that has been in the business for 28 years with a crack team of five men. They started on Mother's Day and already they are half way through painting the house! I chose a very soft silvery gray teal with cream trim with a darker peach for the front door. I added yesterday (per my friend Kristin's suggestion as we were eyeballing our home from across the street) the additional paint of one sliver of dark teal under the eaves and running down one side. This dark trim adds even more punch to the home! Hey, it's looking fine!

Today I have arranged the boyz to finish up the walk-in closet in the master bedroom. I purchased all the components yesterday, and I am eager to move into my upstairs closet. We have a magnificent view of Haleakala from our closet window. On the other side of the closet, we have a cut-out architectural feature which allows an ocean view.

Only a couple of more weeks to go I am speculating at this point.... large pictures have to be hung, the old carpets shampooed, more drywall done around the three new windows, the rest of the house painted inside, and then I want a huge house-warming party to celebrate!


Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?